Updated: Apr 6, 2020
My beautiful style tribe,
I hope you are keeping well and staying positive amidst all the crazy in our world right now.
For today's post, I thought I'd bring you some tips for closet organization.
Since we all have a little extra time on our hands, as we continue to stay inside and pray for this time to pass, why not spend it sprucing up your closet a bit. To help you out with this, I've rounded up a few cool closet organization ideas to get you started.
1. Raise the bar(s) in your closet. If you are looking for a way to increase the storage capacity of your closet, raising the bar(s) in your closet, is a great method of achieving this. By elevating the bar(s), you free up space below that can be used for storing other closet items. This is especially a great method for smaller closet spaces.
2. Use baskets and bins to create extra storage space. Using baskets and bins is yet another way you can create extra storage space in your closet. These are good for storing bulky closet items such as jeans and sweaters as well as smaller accessories such as belts and smaller bags. The best part is that you can use this opportunity to get a little creative and make these baskets/bins yourself. All you need are a few cardboard boxes (of different sizes according to your needs) and contact/patterned paper and you're set to create some beautiful storage spaces for your closet.
3. Invest in some draw organizers for socks and intimates. Cramping your bras and other intimates in a draw can ruin them. To avoid this, invest in some draw organizers. Draw organizers help to create clearly defined spaces in your draws for your socks and intimates and also helps to make better use of the space.
4. Store shoes on the back of your closet door. A major space occupant in your closet are your shoes. To help with this, investing in a shoe rack that you can hang on your closet door, can minimize the space that you use for storing your high heeled beauties.
5. Store bulky bags upright using dividers. Another space occupier in your closet are bags, especially those large totes that you love so much. To save space when storing these, invest in some dividers and store these upright in your closet. Storing them this way not only saves space in your closet, it also helps your bags to keep their shape.
6. Use up any free space on the outside of your closet. Storage of closet items does not have to be limited to inside your closet. If you have free space on the outside, you can invest in some command hooks and use these to store scarves, jewelry, belts and purses.
7. Use free wall space in your room to hang your accessories. Following on from the previous tip, using free wall space in your room to hang jewelry items is another great way to free up some space in your closet. In addition to creating more space, storing your jewelry this way, helps you to keep them in view and avoid tangling or bunching up of your precious gems.
Ok tribe, that's my post for today. I do hope it inspires you to get in your closet and do some organizing. There is no time like the present. Let me know what you think of the ideas and feel free to share any others that you use for your own closet organization in the comments below. I look forward to hearing from you as always.
Till then. Stay stylish (and positive) my friends.
p.s. don't forget to show some love for the post by clicking the heart icon :)